Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome to my blog I have another project to share with you.  This time I used Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe papers and a thrift store find.  Again I tried to start doing step by step instructions.  With a craft room under construction, I gave up and  decided to post pictures of the item at the end.  I've already uploaded a video to youtube.  



 Here is a list of the supplies you'll need:  


1 Metal Recipe/File Box (approx 3.5X5.5)

Graphic 45 Staples
1 Ornate Metal Key
1 Ornate Metal Label Holder
1 Ornate Metal Key Holes

Graphic 45 Papers
Optical Oddities (8x8, rest are 12x12)
When Pigs Fly
Olde Curiosity Shoppe
Counting Down
Exquisite Motif
Race For Time
Butterfly Specifics
Apothecary
Genuine Article
Bazaar of Wonders

Graphic 45 Chipboard #2

Bind it all with 1 inch rings

Hot Glue Gun (for attaching flowers)

Ranger Products
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Blending Tool
Glossy Accents




Here is how my box started out.  It has seen better days...but not for long.  With a little makeover it will be better than it ever was.


Here is the inside.  Plain and boring.


It is now much improved.  At this point I have just added paper to the outside and inside of the box and added the Ornate Metal Label Holder.  I attached it with Glossy Accents and the brads.  I made the holes in the metal box with my Cropadile.  The words across the front fit perfectly as if the box was made for the paper or the paper was made just for this box.


Here is how the paper on the inside looks.  I like to keep my projects simple.  These papers are so beautiful they don't really need a lot of over embellishment.


I embellished the top with a Graphic 45 Staple Key Hole, added some brads from my stash, handmade grunge flowers, fussy cut butterflies, I AM Roses, vintage style buttons, and more paper die cuts from the collection.


A few more embellishments around the box and on the inside and it is complete.




Then I made a mini album to go inside the box.  It is approx 3x5.  I used a Graphic 45 Ornate Metal Key attached with a Tim Holtz Pin.  I added another of my handmade grunge flowers and some buttons and chipboard.  I used lots of Glossy Accents to make the images stand out.  I finished it off with lace and ribbon from my stash.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I hope to have something new to share soon.

Idaho Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment