Tuesday, February 11, 2014

This Year Has Been Crazy.

It seems like I just don't have the time for crafting, videos, blogging, and teaching as I have had over the last few years.  Back in May I started temping at a Publishing Company and was hired in September full-time. I do as much as I can creatively but have to limit it to what I can create and upload to facebook. 

Now that things have gotten slowed down at work "the paid job" I'm going to try to give more time to crafting.  Since Valentines is coming up I thought I'd share a quick card that you can make for Valentines Day this Friday.


I use these great corrugated card bases that I purchase at Michael's.  

Of course this card says Happy Birthday but just imagine that it says Happy Valentines Day. (It is the idea anyhow right?)  

I save pockets off of all my kids pants but this pocket is the small inside pocket of my husband's pants (usually for keys or something???).  I stitch down whatever paper I love. Hot glue the pocket to the front, and cut out your favorite heart shape.  It might even look cute with one heart for each person you have in your family.  I inked the heart and paper edges with walnut ink.



You can't forget to decorate the inside of your card.  I punched out some flowers from jeans with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die and used some silver brads.  Striped paper is great for giving yourself lines so that you don't write crooked (a problem I have).


Finish off your card by decorating the back with the same paper you used on the front.

Thanks so much for visiting me today.  
-Amy Kluchesky 


No comments:

Post a Comment