Friday, February 14, 2014

Mustache You A Question

Will you go to my party?

My daughter is having her 12th Birthday party and her theme is Mustaches and nerds.  Not the geeky kind of nerds, the cool nerd and yummy candy kind.  So I begin with making her cards.  Since I never make two cards the same it would be no different for her party invitations.  

I had her choose the patterns of paper from my stash and then simply cut out and stitched them to the card base.  Since I was making several cards I did not do a lot of detail.  I kept it simple.  

Portia found these great mustaches at Michael's made of wood and she spent days putting on layers of black glitter Folk Art paint (purchased at Walmart).  I thought that it was important to get her involved since it is her party and I want her to realize how much work this sort of thing can be.

We printed off the "info" on white card stock 8.5x11 sheets you can buy at most scrapbook stores.  It is thicker and looks better than regular printer paper which is too thin.

I inked the edges of everything with walnut distress ink by Ranger.  



On the other side of the card it has all the info like: Who?, What?, Where?



Creating great one-of-a-kind cards does not have to be hard.  Just turn it into an assembly line just like you would if making them all identical.  The reason I stitched these cards was to use less glue.  Glue can cause paper to warp and I hate how that looks.  So using adhesive that is less wet will keep your projects nice and flat.  Another reason is thread is really cheap and goes a long way.

Thanks so much for visiting me today.  Have a scrappy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment