Sunday, March 3, 2013

I'm so excited for the upcoming month of crafting I'll be doing.  I'm going to audition for Graphic 45's 2013 Design Team.  Who doesn't want to be a part of such a great company.  I use their papers all the time anyway.  

Here is a simple project that I did today.  





New French CountryGraphic 45


Here is what I used.  

Recollections paper pad for the backgrounds.  I really like the colors in this collection they go with everything.  

Then I used parts of 3 sheets of the new French Country Collection by Graphic 45; Bon Appetit, Sunflower, and Abunance.  

My Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  

1 Small Doily by Wilton.  

May Arts ribbon 382-34-10 (Chevron, white and black)

I used my sewing machine with brown thread.  Glossy Accents by Ranger.  Therm-o-web mounting squares and zots.



Here are some additional pictures of the card.  I think it is important to decorate the entire card.  I stitched the Recollections and the distressed Abundance paper down to the card.  I then stitched around the Bonjour tag with a small piece of ribbon wrapped around the bottom.  I then glossy accented the doily to the back and the sunflowers to the front.



I tied a bow with the May Arts ribbon and hot glued it to the front.  I added a Graphic 45 Staple small Metal Tag with a sticker from the French Country sticker sheet.  I used Glossy Accents to attach it to the front.


The back is simply the paper stitched to the craft card base.  The cards I use are Recollections Kraft Corrugated Cards that I purchase at Michael's.  They have wonderful craft envelopes that I love.


The inside has more Recollections paper.  The off-white sheet that came in the back of my French Country 12x12 Stack I cut into 4x4 sections.  I use this paper for nice writing space inside the cards.  I did a lot of fussy cutting of the sunflowers for the inside.  I attached them with Glossy Accents.


I hope you like my card today.  This is just to show you that you don't have to break the bank on making pretty cards.  Combining your favorite collections is a great way to use less of those pretty papers you are hoarding.....we all do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment