Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It all started with Debi Wallace doing a fun challenge back in May when we had our Facebook Ladies get together.  We all had such a fun time doing her challenge we decided to do another one.  This time it was Kim Street's turn to challenge me and here is what I made using only Graphic 45 paper.

For this challenge I could only use the embellishments that Kim sent me and could only add paper, adhesive, stickles, and ink.  Here is what she sent.

Sorry about the picture it is hard to see what she sent but I'll show other close ups of the items as we go.

I started with the green background from Graphic 45's Tropical Travelogue.  Then cut out the trim of the Olde Curiosity Shoppe.

I cut a piece of the packing material and added the stickles to give it some glam.  Then set aside to dry.

Here is the tin foil that she included.  It is even embossed but that isn't going to matter in a few minutes when I take my Sizzix to it.

Here they are all cut and ready to use.  I'll set them aside until I decide what I'll use them for.

Here are the paint samples she included (I almost used Travelogue with these colors but decided with all the metal embellishments I would go with Olde Curiosity Shoppe)

Here is what I cut out.  I have no idea at this point what I'm going to do with them but that is part of the fun of a challenge.

Kim included some of the rubber mat that you would use in a drawer.  I wasn't sure how to use it and almost used it to mist through but decided I like the texture and wanted to use it on the layout.

I used the cotton she included to ink the edges of my pig strip.  I think I like using my foam blending tool better but it was fun trying something new.

I gave the pigs dimension by bending them back and fourth around my fingers.  I then added the foam to the backside.

Here are some of the small metal pieces she included.  The little thing in the plastic baggy is a blinky from her son's shirt.  The inks in the back are the ones I  plan to use.

I inked them up and then added Glossy Accents to give it a glossy shinny look.

I started having so much fun creating that I forgot to take pictures.  Here is what I did:  I added the stickled packing material down the left side and then attached the pigs.  I added the sign with some small wire that was included in one of the baggies.  I attached the sign to some hangers that I inked in the picture above.  I had no brads to use so I used glue to attach them.  

I made the flowers and used the connectors (for wiring) as centers for the flowers.    I cut out some butterflies and added them to the page.  I also made fingerprints in my washer because I didn't wait for it to dry before trying to attach it to the ladies picture.  So to get the finger prints to disappear I added some stickles.

Here is another close up of some of the flowers and embellishments.

I added a photo mat as well as some stitching.  With the remaining metal  I decorated the edges along with a few more butterflies.  The eye above the photo mat is actually the blinky.  I left the word up showing because I liked the way it looked.

I had a lot of fun doing this challenge.  Thanks Kim for sending some really great items.

I hope you like how it turned out.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you already know I love it! Using those connectors as flower stamens was very creative and clever! Love this layout -- it is so pretty you really have to look hard to see the unconventional embellies you used! Way to rock it, Amy!