Sunday, September 23, 2012

September Challenge for Graphic 45

I started this project with a tray I found at a Idaho Youth Ranch for under $1.50.  


 I covered the back with Olde Curiosity Shoppe paper and then used some DCWV orange paper with black dots.


I cut strips of orange paper and attach it with Glossy Accents.



 I used Black Soot Distress Ink from Ranger to darken the edges.




 I fussy cut out this image from Steampunk Debutante papers and used some fancy trim along the edges.




 I took an old vintage bottle that I found at a yard sale and added this G45 image to the back of the bottle to make it look like the boy is inside.  I added the text from OCS papers to the front.



I attached the bottle to the corner and then added this skeleton, he was tricky to glue down.  I added the "eye chart" to the back.




 I then added the banner across the top.




 I added tissue paper to the back.




I added some dollar store webbing from last Halloween and a Prima flower to the skeleton.


Here is what the back looks like.  I added the strip along the bottom to hold the netting in place as well as to add some color to the back.


I inked this chipboard and added paper to the top so that I can attach it to the "roof".


I was toying with the idea of putting a mini album inside but then decided later that it was taking away from the the tray.

I fussy cut an image for the corner, added chipboard and stickers down the side.  I also replaced the orange hanging paper to the chipboard.  I wanted it to look less noticeable.


Next I added this photo mat that I machine stitched and distressed the edges.  I fussy cut the scroll and added it.  I used some Graphic 45 staples to add a key hole and knob.


I added another chipboard element to the other corner (these help hold the netting in place.

Hope you enjoyed my project.  I'll be giving it away to one lucky person who likes my project on Graphic 45's website.  I'll be posting a link for you if you are interested in winning this project.  Voting ends October 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment