Saturday, February 15, 2014

Altered Phone Case

When something just isn't doing it for you anymore.  Alter it!!!!


My cellphone case had seen better days.  It was a steal of a deal on Amazon for $3 including shipping and had pretty red butterflies on it.  I used it for months until the image started peeling off.  While on Pinterest I saw someone take G45 tissue tape and cover their IPhone.  I decided that was a great idea, and had to do that with my old case.  

With the case off my phone I added the tissue tape all over the plastic to give a base and something to add color to.  I then inked over the entire case with two of my favorite ink color sprays and then Broken China Distress Ink from Ranger. After drying with my heat gun I added Gesso and then inked over the white dots (I love dots).  I added Stickles randomly and then added fussy cut images from one of my favorite paper lines Steampunk Debutante.  I then sealed it all in with Matte Seal by Inksentials.

It isn't smooth by any means but that is one thing I actually love about it.  The tissue tape and matte seal give great texture and grip.  My phone will not get dropped as much and if it does I know it will be cushioned in style.

Thanks for taking a look at my latest project.  I will try to do a Youtube tutorial on this process this weekend so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment