Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy National Scrapbooking Day

I've been working away on my personal album today having lots of fun and wanted to share this layout with you.


I used lots of Graphic 45 and Petaloo and a bit of my stash.  Hope you enjoy this step by step tutorial.


 I used Leading Ladies from Curtain call (12x12 sheet) and cut out a 8x8 square from the middle.  You can skip this step if you want to but I do it to save paper and keep my page from getting too thick.  I then distressed the edges with my scissors.  

I attached it to some shimmery blue cardstock from my stash by sewing in down.


I took a picture of the two papers from G45 that I start out with Key to My Heart is in the photo below.


 I took a cupcake size doily and cut it in half and dug out some burlap from my stash.  I stuck them randomly under the Key to My Heart paper (it is 9x9).  I then inked it with some inks made by Audra.  Then I cut one of the packages form the staples and stitched everything down.


I took an 8x8 sheet of French Country Abundance from the small stack and inked the edges with vintage photo.  I added more half doilies and some lace I got from Karen in random places.  I then stitched that layer down.


I added another strip of lace from Karen in black to accent the polka dot Curtain Call paper.


I added some 8x8 French Country Montage paper around the photo to frame it.



I Glossy Accented the photo down and added paint to add a distressed look.


I started by adding my larger flowers randomly at the base of the photo.  (I also added paint to the edges of these flowers)

I added smaller flowers the Tim Holtz tag and some wood buttons I found at my favorite thrift store.


Here are some of the packages of flowers I used.  Petaloo and Prima.


I add some metal Graphic 45 Staples the key hole and the key to the layout.


I fussy cut and add some butterflies to the page this helps fill in all those empty spaces and add more interest to the page.  I also added some Tropical Travelogue Aplpha numbers from the sticker sheet.


I add Glossy Accents to the numbers.  


Here is another look at the finished layout.  I'm really happy how this turned out.  I had no idea what I was going to come up with when starting.  I like doing that.  Seeing where I end up.  I picked the photo after I started the page.  This one fit the color theme well.  Both my husband and I hate having our pictures taken and are not photogenic but someday our kids will want to see pictures of us, so we suffer through for their sake.  Plus with such a detailed layout they probably won't notice how we look anyway.

Glad to have one more photo scrapped in the seeming endless box of photos.  Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing what I've been doing.

Just a reminder I still have 2 prizes from this blog not claimed from my giveaway a few weeks ago. Please PM me your addy and I'll get them mailed out to you as soon as possible. -Amy








No comments:

Post a Comment