Friday, November 9, 2012


 Halloween is over but using the paper is not.  
This was today's project using Graphic 45 Magic of Oz and K&Company Brenda Walton Halloween Stack.


Today I've been working on my Graphic 45 Staple 12x12 Easel.  This is a present for my mom.  Since she doesn't look at the computer I have no worries that she will see it before Christmas when I give it to her.  This is my second page.  My mom is a big Wizard of Oz fan so I knew she would love these papers.  I ordered the Oz stack from MiniAlbumScraps.ning a group that I swapped in for a while.


  The day after Halloween Michael's was having a clearance sale of all their Halloween items.  I was so happy to get the stack for $4.49 and the Die-Cut Mat Stack for $1.99.  The colors in these two stacks are really close.  I'm not trying to make this a Halloween Album since my mom will want to put everyday photos in it so I'm trying to use them without seeming too Halloween.


I choose paper from the K&Co stack for the background.  It is similar to Dorthy's dress only in black and white.  At this point I have no idea what I'm going to decorate the page with but that I want to have two large photos, so I add the mats to the page to figure out placement.


I then use my favorite Distress Ink to distress the edges.


Look what I found.....the May Arts ribbon that Graphic 45 sent me as a prize last week.  I love this ribbon.


I randomly put out fussy cut scarecrows to see how I like them on the page.


I stitched down the black cardstock and attached the photo mat with Glossy Accents.  I then added the ribbon to the frame with my sewing machine.  


I tie more ribbon so it looks like the ribbon is tied together and not stitched down as it is.  Just a little secret I have for making it look like a bow but not tying a bow for those that have a hard time with bows.


I add pop dots to the back of the image.


Here is the finished product.  I like how simple and pretty it is.  I'm trying to keep this from getting too bulky.  This is my first Easel and I don't want it to be too fat.


Close ups of the Layout.


I made the card a pocket she can slide more photos in if she wants to.


I added another scarecrow to the card pocket it just slides in and out and you can put journaling or photos on the back.


I hope you enjoyed this simple layout I made for my mom.  Scrapbooking doesn't have to be complicated with TONS of flowers to be beautiful or bulky with 3-D embellishments.  Just have some beautiful paper and ribbon and your all set for a great layout.  Since I had all the embellishments already fussy cut, this layout only took me about 15 minutes to make including the sewing.  Thanks for stopping by to see my project.  -Idaho Amy

Products Used:  
Graphic 45 Magic of Oz, K&Company Brenda Walton Stack and Mats, May Arts Ribbon, Glossy Accents, Tread, Ranger Vintage Distress Ink, textured black cardstock (purchased at Tuesday Morning), and my sewing machine.

1 comment:

  1. ;) I cut the same 2 scarecrow images out for my mini album to pop up love your page .. good luck on g45 DT audition.

    ReplyDelete