Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Graphic 45 Hair Clips

 


I love making useful things.  

I love making jewelry, but my daughter can't wear it at her school.  They can wear whatever they want to in their hair though, so I like to try to make interesting hair accessories.  She has a really funky style and she loves Graphic 45 almost as much as I do.  She has been begging for these and I had to tell her to wait so I could get pictures and do a video.  But the good thing is I can always make more if I need to.  So in the morning I plan on surprising her with some.

Start with Bezels, Frames & Filigree by Bead Landing.  I find them at Michael's and they cost $3.99 for four.


I first use Glossy Accents by Ranger to glue the photo in place. I then cover it with a layer of Glossy Accents and then set it to dry.  This one is made with Once Upon A Springtime paper.


You can also use Mod Podge Dimensional Magic.  It dries just the same.  It starts out a little more cloudy than Glossy Accents but once they are dry they look identical.  This one is made using Steampunk Debutante paper.


Here is one I made using Bird Song paper.  This is what they look like when it dries.



I'm always telling my scrappy friends to keep their scraps no matter how small.  These scraps are smaller than 1 inch.  Some of them I used Graphic 45 Sticker Sheet Stickers (I still glue them down just to make sure they stay).

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I can't wait to get started on my next project.  -Idaho Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment