Friday, April 29, 2011

The Boys Are Working Hard

I am lucky enough to have a family of contractors at my disposal.  Here are some photos of what they are up against.  This place has had the same tenant for 30 years so it is time for a makeover.
 This carpet has left the building.....

 The toilet is soon to be gone as well as the fo-tile, They have orders to junk it.
 Here is from the Back of the store to the front with my trunk (to hide the kids toys in) and new old chair (holding my coming soon sign).
The sink is cool and retro so I'm keeping it.  We will move it to the wall next to it so that it is straight in from the door.  I also got new knobs that look old and will give it new life.  We are re-doing the tile also.
 This is a little hall that goes to the closet where we will install a small hot water heater.  Not sure what I'll do in this space.  The old yellow shelf is gone.  I'll post pictures after the demo when Jeff gets home with his camera phone.
Here is the holes in the wall.  Seems that the folks from the phone company next door keep backing into the wall.  Jeff is patching these holes and will texture over them, you won't even know it was there when he is done.
As you can see the wires are outside the walls it is THAT old.  Will be re-doing that as well, still outside the walls but going to make it look cool and industrial.  I like to play up the feel of how old the building really is.


Hope that shows a bit about what we are doing to the place.  I can't wait to get started on the finish work.

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting! Great bones in that space and how lucky that you have contractors in the family! Love that you are going to preserve and even play up the age of the building! Really looking forward to watching it all unfold!

    ReplyDelete